Happenings at MetroStage

Friday, October 15, 2010

A Standing Ovation! Performances to Cherish

(l-r) Charlotte Akin, Noah Chiet, Lauren 'Coco' Cohn, Ben Cunis and Chris French

"In the last three months, there were many performances that moved me, made me laugh, and made me stand up and cheer at the final curtain. One of my favorites is Lauren ‘Coco’ Cohn as Ursula Gillow, Coral Hicks, and Maid in Glimpses of the Moon at MetroStage.‘Coco’ Cohn arrived at MetroStage with a week to go before the critics arrived to review Glimpses of the Moon. In a short time, Coco had to learn the numerous lines for three kooky characters she was going to play in the show. Talk about laughing myself silly! If you’re a member of my generation – think Ruth Buzzi from “Laugh In”. I heard several members of the audience whisper, “Who is she? She’s so funny!” Local audiences and critics may not have known who she was before the lights went down that night, but after the lights came up after the final curtain bow – audiences and critics were yearning for more Coco. Bravo!"
- Joel Markowitz, DC Theatre Scene

CLICK HERE to read the full article >

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home